preliminary list of action items

Tully Gehan tully at openmoko.com
Wed Nov 12 13:07:32 CET 2008

This is a preliminary list of action items.

I hope to put it as a wiki some where (when I know how) so we can change it
and add to it.

Purpose of meeting:

To evaluate the industrial design aspects of the mechanical design

Meeting date:

11/12/08

Attendees:

Sean

Thomas

Nico

Tully

1)     Generate 3D file

a.      Include exterior information

b.      Include major subassembly components

                                                              i.      Camera

                                                            ii.      USB
connector

                                                          iii.      And many
more

c.      To be completed by Nico

2)     If possible moves display 1mm down

a.      To be completed by Nico

3)     Make several more top covers

a.      To be made from Aluminum

a.      With wire brushed texture surface

b.      To be completed by Nico

4)     Make Lens Ring

a.      To be made from Aluminum

b.      With wire brushed texture surface

c.      To be completed by Nico

5)     Create a new location for microphone hole

a.      Hole list placed on the cover

b.      Preferably halfway between its edges

c.      Hole should be a small as possible

d.      To be completed by Nico

6)     New design for battery cover

a.      Parting line should be

                                                              i.      Lower
half of the phone

                                                            ii.      Below
the buttons

                                                          iii.      With a
curved parting line

b.      To be completed by Nico

7)     Add material around the USB port

a.      To be completed by Nico

8)     Make button height the same on all buttons

a.      To be completed by Nico

9)     Modify hooks on the semi transparent end cap to improve the look when
the inside is painted

a.      To be completed by Nico

10) Remove square tabs on the semi transparent end cap when the GPS is moved

a.      To be completed by Nico

11) Add speaker hole

a.      To be completed by Thomas

12) Modify lines on the semi transparent end cap

a.      To be completed by Thomas

13) Review the resolution of the 3D digital file

a.      To be completed by Thomas