2 SD card slots and rootfs on internal SD card - maybe VFAT + fs images?

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sun Apr 13 01:24:53 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> Yeah that is true.  But I couldn't share the big SD into the GTAxx.

Not without an unreasonable amount of force :-)

> This issue of SD filesystem access remotely in nice ways feeds right
> into the other lacks we have today like NetworkManager and so on.

Hmm, what I meant was to emulate the USB block device protocol. If you
accept that truly concurrent access (as in files written from either
side promptly showing up on the respective other side) is not possible,
you could stitch each high-level operation (create file, write to it,
erase file, etc.) together from the pattern of FAT and data accesses
the host has to perform.

Agreed that "real" network access has to be reasonably user-friendly
to be useful to most people - and that we're not there yet.