what about support wifi in bootloader?

Ruini Xue xueruini at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 01:35:27 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:11 AM, Mike (mwester) <mwester at dls.net> wrote:
> Beyond a shadow of a doubt, this is what you would do with a small linux
> and kexec.   I've done this with wired ethernet connections on other

stripped linux + kexec sounds easy and portable in case of moving to
other phones.
Did you creat the "small linux" by yourself or is there any possible
choice? I have
little experience on how to cut a kernel :(

> embedded devices, using all manner of protocols; the only concern I
> would have with wifi would be reliability -- probably best to either
> implement your own checksumming mechanism to ensure a reliable download
> if you use simple protocols like tftp, ftp, or http to download.

you mean the wifi support in the "small linux" is not reliable?

btw, what about other opinions on supporting wifi in bootloader :)

-- ruini