Revive Freerunner with USB power?

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Sep 11 15:12:41 CEST 2008

I'm having to do this on a regular basis - why?

1 out of every 3 or so nights, I wake up (~6-8hrs) and find the FR
dead. :(  Only GSM is running and its on dim&lock

The battery is always fully charged when checked just before I retire.

In some cases I have left it on charge, confirmed its charging and still
wake to a dead phone.

BillK

On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 13:17 -0400, Jim Ancona wrote:
> Michael Shiloh wrote:
> > To protect ourselves we have to say that "OpenMoko does not recommend
> > this procedure so do so at your own risk".
>
> FWIW, I was able to revive my FR with a dead battery this morning by
> following the procedure on the Wiki: "Some users have reported that Neo
> FreeRunner is able to boot on USB power alone using the NOR u-boot,
> thus: press AUX, plug USB power, select boot."
>
> I did this and got the NOR u-boot menu, then as the comment on the wiki
> suggested, kept it in the menu for a minute or so by clicking the AUX
> button every few seconds, then selected the boot item and it booted
> normally and the battery charged.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Jim

Home in Perth!