Sound quality in calls.

Angus Ainslie angus.ainslie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 20:45:58 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 6:07 AM, Al Johnson
<openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk>wrote:

> Controls affecting handset mic volume for GSM:
> Control 48: "Mic2 Capture Volume"
> Control 12: "Mono Sidetone Playback Volume"
> Control 5: "Mono Playback Volume"
>
> Controls affecting wired headset mic volume for GSM:
> Control 49: "Mic1 Capture Volume"
> Control 12: "Mono Sidetone Playback Volume"
> Control 5: "Mono Playback Volume"

I've written a python mixer to control the mic volumes for the various
headsets. The speaker volumes will be added when I trace their path through
the wolfson. It'll currently control handset, wired headset and bluetooth
volumes. You currently need to tell it which to control as I have not found
any dbus signals to tell what alsa state you are currently in. The displayed
vaolumes may be wrong if you start the volume control before the alsa state
change. One you use a control to set its volume it will reflect the state of
the underlying hardware.

You'll need these 3 files

http://handheldshell.com/python-pyalsaaudio_0.3-ml0_armv4t.ipk
http://handheldshell.com/pymixer.py
http://handheldshell.com/volume.desktop

install pyalsaausdio and pygtk
copy pymxer /usr/bin
copy volume.desktop /usr/share/applications

You can now control mic volume.

Angus