Battery Indicator problem

henrikz henrik at zimmer.to
Mon Sep 22 20:41:39 CEST 2008

On Monday 22 September 2008 10:16:58 Michael ?Mickey? Lauer wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 21.09.2008, 03:07 -0700 schrieb henrikz:
> > The battery indicator on my Freerunner, running Om2008.09 is always RED
> > and empty.
> > Actually I have never seen any battery status in any OM200x release, in
> > the last 2008.08 version the battery indicator
> > was also always empty but sometimes white (and not red).
> >
> > Until now I thought this had something to do with the OM-Distribution
> > being in an early stage/version, but since I have seen no other posts
> > about this problem, I am starting to worry that problem might be on my
> > end and in the worst case my FR.
> >
> > Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
> >
> > As an additional hint I can also mention that during boot the following
> > message appears
> > # power_supply bat: driver failed to report voltage_now property
> > could this be a hardware problem? or am I just missing some driver etc?!
>
> Sounds like you're using a TH-battery with the FreeRunner instead of the
> shipped CC-battery.
>
> There's no battery class driver for TH-batteries (yet?).
>
> :M:
Thank You for Your quick reply! Unfortunatly it doesn't really help me :(

I am not familiar with CC vs TH-batteries, but I do know that I am using the
standard battery shipped with my FR (from Golden-Delicious in Germany).

I take it from Your reply that I (i.e. the average FR user) should be able to
see the battery status on the indicator?!

So the problem is either hardware or ... ?

Please advise!

Thanks again!
//henrik