[OpenOCD] Config file

J Baart wingzs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 12:08:13 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Windows version of OpenOCD to connect a debug board
(v3). I downloaded OpenOCD from www.yagarto.de. After installing OpenOCD and
the correct driver (
http://people.openmoko.org/laforge/misc/debug_board_v2/windows_drivers/) I
tried to run OpenOCD with the openocd.cfg config file (
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenOCD#openocd.cfg). But apparently it isn't
working cause I'm getting the following message:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\OpenOCD>openocd-ftd2xx -f
openocd.cfg
Open On-Chip Debugger 1.0 (2009-04-10-13:28) svn:1454M
BUGS? Read http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/openocd/trunk/BUGS

jtag_speed: 0
OLD SYNTAX: DEPRECATED - translating to new syntax
jtag newtap CHIP TAP -irlen 4 -ircapture 0x1 -irvalue 0xf
Example: STM32 has 2 taps, the cortexM3(len4) + boundaryscan(len5)
jtag newtap stm32 cortexm3 ....., thus creating the tap: "stm32.cortexm3"
jtag newtap stm32 boundary ....., and the tap: "stm32.boundary"
And then refer to the taps by the dotted name.
NEW COMMAND:
invalid command name "daemon_startup_attach"

I can't figure out what's wrong with the daemon_startup attach command. Also
in the cfg file it says: daemon_startup attach (which should be good) not
daemon_startup_attach. Is there some other config file that will work with
the Windows version of OpenOCD that can be downloaded somewhere?

Thanks