How do you like to read a phone number? (India users)

rakshat hooja rakshat at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 12:39:40 CET 2008

Replies below:

> Hello to all Indian Openmoko Users,
> I am preparing the Indian dialplan: I have some (for you) stupid question:
>
> 1) All your mobile phone number usually start witt
> (092/093/092/097/098/099) so your international phone number start with
> (+9192 / +9193/ etc.) ?

Yes

> 2) In the provided pdf file there are only mobile phone number. There
> are some city name. What it mean? Is the city where the sim is sold? :)

The State they are sold in - those are state names

> 3) In the same pdf I saw:
>
> RIM ‐ RELIANCE INDIA MOBILE (CDMA)
> CELLONE‐ BHARAT SANCHAR NIGAM LIMITED
> TATA INDICOM (CDMA)

They have/ had all india licenses and the three tables on the left give all
their prefixes. They are listed on top of the three tables.

Rakshat

> Thank you for your help

Please use Firefox as your web browser. Its protects you from spyware and is
also a very feature rich browser.
www.firefox.com