Location of official Openmoko git repository (Was: Re: Xorg / Glamo ?)

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Wed Feb 4 23:59:19 CET 2009

Marek Lindner wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 February 2009 20:17:54 Rod Whitby wrote:
>> What I haven't seen yet is a message which says "Openmoko has officially
>> completed the migration to git.openembedded.net,
>
> I'm confident that the subject "Please stop commit to om.dev" refers to a
> relatively short time window.  ;-)

Yes, that said what to stop doing, but not what to start doing instead.

>> and <these> autorev files and <this> other stuff in local.conf".
>
> Once we have our builds up & running I'm sure Angus is going to proivde
> information to fill these missing pieces for OM specific builds. At the moment
> Openmoko tries to focus its efforts towards FSO and its builds. That means
> Mickey and his team could also help.

FSO has been quite happily using the FSO Makefile for the last 4 months,
and the FSO and SHR build configurations are quite well documented at
http://downloads.freesmartphone.org/ and
http://build.shr-project.org/README.

As far as I can see, Openmoko has not focused any effort on helping
third party developers build FSO - that's why I needed to step in a
provide the FSO Makefile and provide the hardware for and maintain the
FSO autobuilder and the FSO feeds.  Mickey has always immediately
provided the exact build configuration specification required to achieve
this.

What we're waiting for is the same build configuration specification
from Openmoko.

If the answer is "Openmoko is no longer doing Om.20xx distributions,
just use the FSO build configuration from Mickey", then there's no
problem - I'll just delete the MokoMakefile and replace it by the FSO
Makefile that already builds the fso-unstable, fso-testing and
fso-milestone5 images and official feeds.

If that's not the answer, then I need the information so that the
developers who use the MokoMakefile (and are working on this project for
free, remember, so you should try to make things clear and easy for
them) can continue to build the correct image and report (and fix)
relevant bugs, instead of building an obsolete, unmaintained Om.20xx
distribution.

Surely there is someone in OM who is building the official "next" image
today, and that person can immediately share their build configuration?

-- Rod