WLAN: known issues and how to help - uptime test - more results

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Mon Feb 9 01:09:43 CET 2009

Philip Rhoades wrote:
> - the USB device is not visible it seems . .

Aah, I just realized what's wrong. Your u-boot must still have the
short kernel size setting. This prevents kernels build with
"moredrivers" from booting.

To fix this,
- bring up the boot menu of NAND u-boot
- switch the console to USB
- enter the u-boot command line with

  neocon /dev/ttyACM{0,1,2}

  (or use the serial communication program of your choice)

- enter the following two commands:

  setenv bootcmd setenv bootargs \${bootargs_base} \${mtdparts}\; nand read.e 0x32000000 kernel 0x300000\; bootm 0x32000000
  saveenv

- you can now boot with

  boot

The change is persistent, so you'll be able to boot large kernels
from now on. A small drawback of this change is that loading the
kernel now takes a little bit longer.

See also
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-kernel/2008-October/006086.html

> I have never installed Qi so it must be u-boot - should I install Qi?

You don't need to install Qi for this.

Thanks,
- Werner