Backup battery discharged -> GTA01 and GTA02 dead

Andy Green andy at
Sat Jul 19 15:09:41 CEST 2008

| Yes, but in the meantime, how do I get out of the trap which causes a
| discharged backup battery to stop device operation, even with a
| fully-charged main battery and openmoko usb wall charger plugged in?

I can only talk about GTA02 since that's all I know... low or dead
backup battery only sends PMU into NOPOWER state when you remove the
main battery and USB, where certain defaults apply, but if you have an
OK main battery then even these "NOPOWER" defaults are good to boot the
thing.  I don't think you need a good backup battery level to get a boot
on GTA02.

On GTA02, try NOR boot in case the NAND is crapped on somehow, hold in
AUX corner button, then power for a while then let of of AUX, then power.