Neo unusable for playing ogg

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 17:07:34 CET 2007

> I tried installing the ipkgs for ogg-lib, vorbis-lib and vorbis-tools
> and run ogg123 from the command line, without X running.  It's taking
> between 75-80% CPU according to top.  So there isn't much headroom for
> GUI updating.  Well it's a 192kbps encoded file...

As far as I know, Vorbis supports real time scaling of the quality. So
if it is 192kbps there shouldn't be any problem doing the playback in
64kbps (which is simular to a mp3 in 128kbps) without reencoding;
which should be good enough for most of us.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Flemming