Possible security hole for Dialers/troyan horses

Bartłomiej Zdanowski DRP AC2 b.zdanowski at autoguard.pl
Fri Mar 2 10:19:53 CET 2007

Martin Raißle napisał(a):
> On 3/2/07, Jonathon Suggs <jsuggs at murmp.com> wrote:
>
> In combination of what was said before - the virus scanner - we could
> maybe use a database of application hashes, so not every app has to be
> configurated but only those that are not found in the database, maybe
> this will bring some focus to security to the average user, since not
> every app goes along with a warning.
> If there are too many warnings user tend to grant any right to any app.

I'm afraid that you're going a bit too far. I thought about making costs
with illegal calls and smses. Virus protection should appear only when
viruses appear. Otherwise scanner would kill system's performance (as
NAV do in my computer and I always disable it while not installing
unknown apps).
Think about average users. They don't need rating. They sometimes even
don't know exactly what spam is. It has to be as simple as possible.

--
*Bartłomiej Zdanowski*
Programista

Sąd Rejonowy dla m.st. Warszawy, XIII Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego
Rejestru Sądowego
KRS: 0000029534
NIP PL1132219747
ul. Omulewska 27