Emergency call at boot time functionality (was Re: Windows CE on freerunner)

Lothar Behrens lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de
Sat Aug 23 13:13:04 CEST 2008

Am 23.08.2008 um 11:15 schrieb robin paulson:

>> I have talked about boot options. At this time there is no locking
>> screen. Simply there should be a button to bypass the normal boot by
>> pressing and go into an emergency mode.
>>
>> This way only 8 seconds may be remaining until a emergency call
>> would be
>> possible. Not 2 minutes.
>>
>> The unlock screen may have a top left area and a top right area.
>> Right
>> would be normal unlock and left maybe emergency call.
>>
>> You must have a lock, since otherwise you may accidantly issue an
>> emergency call.
>

> the point i was making is that when people are in stressful situations
> they panic; even something as simple as selecting a different option
> at
> boot-time becomes difficult.
>
> the point about the screen lock was an example to illustrate my main
> point. there are many more i could have chosen, but picked one related
> to mobile phones

The boot menu should in this case be ONLY an emergency button. Shown for
about 3 seconds or the like, it could be pressed to bypass the normal
boot sequence.

If the button is not pressed the normal boot will occur.

The uboot menu should not be used, because you have to press also the
AUX button.
This is unusual for the normal user thus they forgot about it.

I have just pressed at the aux button from screen locked state. Is
there a way to replace
the usual 'buttons' by one 'Take Emergency call' or better an icon for
it.

The small dismiss button should stay at the mottom to go back into
screen lock.

This could then well documented.

Also the power button could be used in paralell for the same issue.
There is only a need to
detect, that the phone was in screen lock mode.

Lothar

--
Lothar Behrens			|Rapid Prototyping ...
Heinrich-Scheufelen-Platz 2	|XSLT Codegeneration