Freerunner Chat Application: Suggestions wanted!

sam tygier samtygier at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 16 10:24:04 CEST 2009

Alex Teiche wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I recently recieved my A6 FreeRunner, and have been looking for some
> coding to do:)  I plan on writing a chat application(similar to Pidgin)
> optomized for the small screen.  I was wondering what suggestions the
> community had before I get too far into it.

probably worth looking at the telepathy stack. it does all the major protocols (including everything supported by pidgin)
already used in desktop apps like empathy, and on the nokia internet tablets (that are not to far hardwarewise from freerunners).

http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telepathy_%28software%29
http://live.gnome.org/Empathy

sam