[Gta04-owner] No gta-04 available

Onen onen.om at free.fr
Fri Oct 26 21:00:52 CEST 2012

Hi,

a though crossed my mind. Would that make sense, to create the inner
part of the phone, but compatible with an existing case. For example,
let's say you make a phone compatible with case and screen of an iphone
1, or 2, or any other phone which had great success. This could provide
a lot of spare parts for little cost.

Does that make any sense?

Onen

On 10/22/2012 05:10 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> A rough estimate for smallest quantities (e.g. 5 units):
>
> * a GTA04 (custom) board inside - could become cheaper if no UMTS & GPS capabilities
> * a Sharp LQ070Y3DG3B display [1] ~130 EUR (incl. VAT) @ Avnet Express [2]
> * Battery ~30 EUR (incl. VAT)
> * PCB + internal components incl. production ~50-100 EUR (incl. VAT)
> * Shapeways case ~77 EUR (incl. VAT)
> * plus UMTS antenna, GPS antenna (if wanted) ~30 EUR
>
> If someone knows a cheaper source for a display than [2], please let us know.
>
> Provided there is enough interest, we could offer a kit made of battery and
> complete PCB and offer the required GTA04-Custom variant (there are some
> connectors not  installed). And everyone could buy a display and a Shapeways
> case whereever he/she likes.
>
> Would that be interesting to have components DIY? Or would there
> be more interest in completely assembled devices?
>
> Nikolaus
>
> [1] http://www.panelook.com/LQ070Y3DG3B_SHARP_7.0_LCM_overview_9649.html
> [2] http://octopart.com/partsearch#search/requestData&q=%20LQ070Y3DG3B

Onen