[2008.8] [wifi] Settings / Wifi / password field does not allow pasting

Marek Lindner marek at openmoko.com
Sat Sep 6 17:29:49 CEST 2008

On Saturday, 6. September 2008 01:08:07 vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt wrote:
> Software: OM2008.8-update, with today's opkg upgrade of /testing feed.

I'm not sure that it is a good idea to mix these branches. Om2008.{8|9} is a
different direction than the testing/unstable feeds which are for the base
image. But I think it is unrelated reagrding the current issue.

> 2 - select the relevant text ("ctrl-a") and try to copy it with
> "ctrl-c" or "ctrl-ins" on the terminal-like keyboard;

What is a terminal-like keyboard ?

> 6 - when prompted for password, tap the field to establish focus and
> try to paste the text copied from the terminal: keyboard "ctrl-v" or
> "shift-ins" won't do anything.

Did you ever try to paste somewhere else ? May be you are never able to paste
something ?

Please file a bug in our bug tracker (https://docs.openmoko.org/trac) with all
the information given here. It is a much better place to trace bugs than this
mailing list. It wont be lost or forgotten if it appears on the radar of our
QA team.  :-)

Marek